Boba Fett bounty rivaled Han Solo after Empire strikes back
In a new preview of Star Wars’ Bounty Hunter’s War, it is revealed that Boba Fett himself had a bounty on his own head after Episode V.
In a new preview for Star Wars’ To come up Bounty Hunter War comic book event, Boba fett gets a bounty on his own head, potentially rivaling that of Han Solo. After the events of The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett got the infamous smuggler locked up in carbonite by the Empire, which he then delivered to Jabba the Hutt to claim the sizable bounty the crime lord had put on Solo’s head. However, this new event reveals that Fett’s delivery was not a free kick from point A to point B. He actually ended up losing Solo, and Boba Fett is now in hot water as much as Solo himself. before being captured.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Thanks to previous issues for Bounty Hunter War, the news that Boba lost Solo spread across the galaxy between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Not only will her fellow hunters be eager to claim Jabba’s bounty for themselves, but Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and the Rebellion will of course see it as a chance to save Han. However, Darth Vader also wants Solo back, wanting to use him as bait to lure his son towards him.
As if increased competition from Boba Fett wasn’t enough, the new preview of Bounty Hunter War # 1 by writer Charles Soule and artist Luke Ross reveals that the legendary bounty hunter will have a target on his back. While this is likely due to his delays in bringing Solo to Jabba the Hutt, the source of the bounty is still unknown. All the same, it’s going to make things a lot harder for him to put Solo back in his hands and hand him over to crime lord Hutt on Tatooine. Here’s the synopsis and overview pages for the issue:
- STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS WARS # 1
- AT WAR FOR THE BIGGEST PRIZE OF ALL: HAN SOLO!
- THE HUNT BEGINS!
- Nobody. Fly. From BOBA FETT! The famous bounty hunter won’t stop until he gets what is rightfully his. For the thief, no corner of the galaxy is safe. Lucky for them that the Rebel Alliance, the Empire, and all the bounty hunters in the galaxy stand in the way of Boba.
- With a final page reveal that will blow up this Death Star-sized story, Number 1 is just the beginning. The greatest crossover in STAR WARS history will continue to rage through the pages of the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS event miniseries and connect with STAR WARS, DOCTOR APHRA, DARTH VADER and BOUNTY HUNTERS until in October.
- Only one hunter will remain standing and the STAR WARS galaxy will never be the same again!
Apparently, the bounty on Boba Fett is extremely large and open to anyone who might dare to cross him. While it’s clear that Fett can handle Amateurs with ease, what about his professional and elite colleagues in the Bounty Hunter Guild? For example, it looks like Boba’s first big showdown will be with the Ghent Findsman Zuckuss himself, who managed to catch the hunter off guard with a rigged explosion.
It seems like Star Wars’ New Bounty Hunter War the event kicks off the event with a literal bang, and Boba fett will face its fair share of threats and obstacles before getting Solo back. In any case, it is ironic that one of the greatest dangers will be a bounty over his own head, himself being one of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy.
More: Boba Fett Becomes His Father (Literally)
The MCU’s next hero is more powerful than Thor in the comics
About the Author