Guild Wars 2 Receives Skills and Balance Update Tomorrow
Guild Wars 2 gets a pretty heavy skill and balance outing tomorrow, May 11th. Specifically, the ArenaNet team notes that this update is intended to alleviate frustration with perks and conditions. These include new duration caps for perks and condition, an overhaul of retaliation and resistance perks, and more.
Perks and Conditions updates include the following for Resolve, Resistance, and Torment:
- Retaliation Perk has been renamed Resolve.
- Incoming condition damage is reduced by 33%. Battery life.
- Unless noted otherwise, skills and traits that previously granted or used retaliation now use resolve.
- The non-damaging conditions currently on the drive are ineffective. Battery life.
- Deals damage every second. Deal bonus damage to enemies are not moving. Battery intensity.
Skills has also received an update pass. For example, Engineer’s Scrapper will see the following:
- Kinetic stabilizers have been reworked and renamed. These are now the kinetic accelerators.
- Kinetic Boosters: When granting superspeed to a target, also grant swiftness (2 seconds).
- The applied force has been reworked to grant stability instead of speed and to grant more power through power. Players now gain stability when gaining power above threshold. Potency grants a power bonus (10 per stack).
The rest of the update is about virtually every professional skill. You can consult the full notes here. If you waited to enter Guild Wars 2 Until the Icebrood Saga has seen its finale, you should definitely check out our thoughts on it here.
Going forward, the third expansion is called End of Dragons and has a live stream on July 27 where more details are expected to be revealed. You can learn more here.