“Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series” ILMxLAB Special Retail Edition Available Today
ILMxLAB’s Special Retail Edition Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series is available today, taking players through a galaxy far, far away with three episodes and special commercial edition extras.
What is happening:
- ILMxLAB’s award-winning Vader Immortal officially hit store shelves for PlayStationVR today. In collaboration with publisher Perp Games, the Special Retail Edition of Vader Immortal includes Episodes I, II, and III as well as a host of additional goodies for Star Wars fans. The Special Edition is available in America and Europe for a suggested retail price of $ 22.99 and £ 24.99 in the UK. Major U.S. retailers include Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target.
- This Special Commercial Edition for PlayStation VR is the only version that includes several exclusive fan-exclusive extras, such as:
- A digital artbook with never-before-seen art and insight into the making of Immortal Vader, written by Kelly Knox, StarWars.com contributor
- A new behind-the-scenes video of the creation of ZO-E3, your fellow droid voiced by Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, SNL), featuring special footage from a voiceover session, concept art, interviews with the creators, and more;
- Two collectible physical postcards featuring a mind-blowing concept and key art.
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series allows you to step into your own Star Wars cinematic adventure as a smuggler operating near Mustafar, the fiery world that Darth Vader calls home. When you unexpectedly exit hyperspace, you find yourself uncovering an ancient mystery at the behest of the Sith Lord himself. The series also includes the popular Lightsaber Dojo modes, where fans can spend hours honing their skills with iconic lightsabers and more in Vader’s training dojo.
- Created in close collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series is written by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight, Blade) and directed by Ben Snow (Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire). It presents Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, Big Mouth) as your witty droid sidekick, ZO-E3, and fan favorite Scott Lawrence as Darth Vader.
- Immortal Vader was acclaimed by the press and fans. The series won the Best VR / AR Game award at the 2020 Game Developers‘ Choice Awards. Immortal Vader: Episode I won the VR Experience of the Year at the 2019 VR Awards, won the Top Innovation Award at the 2020 Producers Guild Awards, and was named a finalist for Outstanding Innovation in Interactive Media at the 2019 Emmy Awards.
What they say :
- Ben Snow, director: “With this special version of Vader Immortal, even more fans will have the chance to explore Star Wars in a new way, using virtual reality to enter their own Star Wars adventure. I am delighted that we can give everyone the chance to watch behind the scenes how we did Immortal Vader, with the conceptual art, the creation of characters and the reflection that we put to make it a unique place Star wars live.”